Every year many people are bitten by poisonous snakes and insects, some of these could be avoided, but all of them need to be properly treated if you want to survive it. Florida has many poisonous snakes like rattlesnakes, copperheads, and cottonmouths. There are a few other poisonous snakes and it is best to know the habitat of each snake so you know when and where to be looking while you are out hunting, or even running on the sidewalk. The best way to survive a poisonous snake bite is to never be bitten at all. That said not all snakes are poisonous, but being bitten by those that are should be avoided.
Once bitten by a snake the field treatment for each is similar. First, knowing which type of snake bit you is important. So Stay calm. Take a moment to see the snake and remember some of its physical characteristics. If you are bitten by a snake the most important treatment is to get to a hospital so that you can receive anti venom as soon as possible. So step two is to stay calm and ask for help getting to the hospital. If you have a phone call an ambulance. Quickly getting to a hospital or clinic is important but staying calm and not increasing the speed of your blood flow is also important. In the movies you often see someone sucking on the wound and trying to remove the snakes venom. This practice is not indicated as you will most likely have little to no effect on removing the venom. Keep the person calm and get them to the doctor, this is your only course of action. Do not tie tourniquet or try to stop blood flow. It is simple, stay calm, identify the snake, and get to the hospital while staying calm.